Sunday, March 18, 2007

Why men should never promote feminine towels

Okay here is a translation of Juan Soler’s new business venture article (http://ninasbloggg.blogspot.com/2007/03/juan-solers-new-business-venture.html) along with my little ed. comments.

“There is nothing more captivating than a happy and confident woman” is the slogan that is being utilized by Juan Soler and Alan Tacher in their venture which they will market, a line of feminine towels called “Délica.” The funny thing is they will be announcing this product, that’s why we decided to talk with Juan who in addition to being a partner in the company will also be the spokesman/image.

-Juan, how the idea about announcing feminine towels come about?

“Alan and I talked about it (OMG, I shudder to think as to what they were talking about that became the lead in to this conversation) and we asked ourselves that if people pay millions to see both of us, why don’t we become the images for our own products? And once becoming owners of the company, becoming the image to make the commercials is like a plus and it’s like saying: “I’m giving you my face (I’m not kidding around) because there is no complaint about my product, we praise it and we back it up.”

-Isn’t it risky putting your credibility into what you sell?”

It isn’t a risk, because we know what we are marketing. Besides we are not making it for third parties, our own time and capital are on the line. Tell me, if isn’t a personal risk, who else will do it?”

-And why not sell “popcorn” or condoms?

We have to take care of women and they are going to see us, who have a familiar and untainted image, we know how to protect our wives and we want to take care of our loved ones.”

-How is Maki, your partner (I guess it’s supposed to translate as wife) involved in this?

She gave us a few tips (I wonder what the tip-less ideas where?!) and we are going to follow them. As much her as Silvana (Allan’s wife) are happy because they have told us that they are most delicate towels in the market, they are soft and the packaging is small. There was a lot invested to find the right fragrance (Again I am laughing myself into a condition, can’t help it, though I am sure Juan Soler & Allan weren’t the ones the lab), and the butterfly image fascinated them, therefore they too are involved in this project.”

-Once La Fea Mas Bella finishes you will dedicate yourself to promoting this product?”

Yes, in Mexico City, Guadalajara and Monterrey. We will do everything necessary and it will be like that for every article (product probably fits better) we make.”

-The baby on the way brings with it “torta” under its arms?

This marketing coincides with the birth of my daughter Azul. There are many situations that will happen so that in the future we can tell our daughters there exists a company that will continue working and that way they will have what they need to live peacefully.

Okay, I feel the Joker right now laughing my head off because like someone posted, sanitary products need only be endorsed by unknown women.

ALLAN’S PORTION OF THE ARTICLE:

We also spoke to with Alan Tacher:

-“What made you decide to create sanitary napkins”

It’s a whole line of products, later there will be baby towelettes, medicine cabinet for them and a razor among other things.

-How did the association between Juan and you begin?

I got to know him when he and his family came to live in Miami. From there arose a relationship and the idea came about because Juan had businesses before and I have always thought about this. Since we both count on a familiar image we decided to market articles for the family well being.

-Are you going to present the offers store to store?

Of course, we are checking out the competition. One day I was opening boxes and the employees of the place where looking at me as if to say, “What is Allan doing with towels (probably supposed to translate as pads) ,” he told us.

6 comments:

NinaK said...

Marycelis--thanks for doing the translation. Do you know how I could link to it directly from my blog? Perhaps you could put a comment in there.

Schoolmarm said...

Marycelis, thanks for translating that. What I want to know is why they think their faces on this product is going to give it credibility? It's not like they're ever going to have personal experience to back up their testimonials for the product or anything.

Jeanne

Marycelis Pacheco said...

Nina, I would think highlighting the address and cut and paste to your blog.

Schoolmarm, my thoughts exactly.

Schoolmarm said...

Marycelis--

Great minds, and all that.....

Jeanne

beckster said...

Well had this topic appeared on TeleVision w/o pity I could express my true thoughts fully...but lets just say Juan Soler you dirty whatever...

Anonymous said...

quite interesting read. I would love to follow you on twitter.